A few months ago, I was talking to a friend and he wanted to share some files with me. However, we had no easy of doing this. Pondering about the problem, I though it would be great if there was a uploader with some basic user authentication. This brought about the birth of uploader. My biggest problem that I faced was the fact that I had no idea how to work with sessions and sqlite databases. That didn’t stop me though! During winter break and I went to tackle the challenge.
After digging through a lot of examples on the webpy.org website, I was eventually able to throw together something that worked. Winter break ended, the program was usable, and was left, without love, on my server.
Just last week, I started to play with uploader again and I noticed that the code was a disaster and confusing. So I started to rewrite the parts of the code that were bad and added comments. Since I already stumbled with sessions and database objects I had a much better understanding on how they worked and how to implement them into the code. During the last three days I have released uploader.